Saturday, January 14, 2017

Powerful Connections


I'm going to let you in on something powerful and amazing.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

God is on your side. He knows more about you and your life than you do. He knows where all the smallest decisions will bring you and your loved ones. He knows your hopes, your dreams, your fears, your regrets, and your deepest darkest secrets.
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:26-31

The almighty God who has risen and tumbled nations, can awake the dead, and formed the massive universe with it's infinite beauty - loves YOU.

He loves you more than you could ever imagine. If you are a mere image of Him, think of how much more He is, how much more He loves. You think you know about all-consuming love, but you have no idea when it comes to Him. He loves you so much, He sacrificed His son for you and calls you (yes, YOU!) His child. The King of literally everything calls you His child.
"'I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthian 6:18

You have connections.

So, how you could ever worry about anything? You're worried about your finances? What is money to God? He owns everything you need and want. You're worried about relationships? God is all about love and connection. He's on it. I bet you've told your best friend, your co-worker, maybe even the stranger bagging your groceries about your worries. Have you told God? Have you asked for help from God? Have you truly believed that God is bigger than this world and your worries?

One morning, a few days ago, I was struck once again with petty worries about finances. It hit me that I'd never taken this specific issue to God. So, I poured my heart out to God for about five minutes and went about my day. That very afternoon, we had unexpected money show up in our account. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

This was a need. However, what about something you want? I've always felt selfish whenever I ask for something I only want from God. It's like, He's providing all my needs, why should I want for more? Let me tell you something, child of God.

God is your heavenly dad, and as a parent He wants your joy and your smile. He wants to be the one who causes it. Bring your desires to God. Understand that sometimes you won't get what you want. You may not understand why right now, or ever, but some things you want aren't the best for you. Sometimes, He has something greater in store. Still talk with Him as a child would ask a parent.

A couple years ago, when I was struggling with anxiety issues, I really wanted a window by my work cubicle to see the sunshine and the rain. I felt peaceful anytime I reconnected with the outside world. At the time, there was really only two windows available to cubicles, and those were not possible for those with my job title. Lo and behold, it was a few months later when they started renovations. You won't believe me. They built windows, and I finally had my window cubicle. The impossible became reality. Such a small desire, and God made it happen. I'm convinced He rebuilt the building just for me.

God transcends time and space. He will provide for you. He's waiting, arms spread open, for you to run into his embrace. He's waiting for you to speak to Him exactly what's on your mind, including all the rage, the tears, and the pain. He wants to connect with you, one-on-one.

Would you talk with Him today, and give Him a piece of your heart? If you want or need something, why wouldn't you speak to One who owns all?

If you're interested, here are more verses about this subject:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7


"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22


"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9


"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" Luke 11:13


"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures." James 4:3


"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." James 14:13-14


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6-7


"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7


"At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, 'Ask for whatever you want me to give you.'" 1 Kings 3:5


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?