Saturday, February 16, 2019

Learning to Be You, Love

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor. - Psalm 8:3-8 

Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. 
- Genesis 2:7
Did you know that you are made from the flames of dying stars, freshly turned dark soil, crisp cool falling rain, raw jewels and gemstones hidden in the bowels of the earth, robust trees stretching limbs to the skies, and the eternal hurricanes that rage on Jupiter? Yes, all these are made from the same basic elements as you and me.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. - Jeremiah 1:5

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
who formed you from the womb:
“I am the Lord, who made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself, - Isaiah 44:24

Did you also know that everything from the sound of your voice to the shape of your hips were determined long ago by generations of love and yearning? Literally billions of souls came together to ultimately bring you in the world. You had an ancestor who walked the earth, was born, loved, lived, and died with the same nose, hair color, eye shape, toes (or all of the above) as you.

You brought my inner parts into being; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will praise you, for You made me with fear and wonder; marvelous are Your works, and You know me completely. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, and intricately put together in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw me unformed, yet in Your book all my days were written, before any of them came into being.  - Psalm 139:13-16 

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.  - Hebrews 11:3 

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.  - Colossians 1:16

Now, as you read this today, one of many protagonists in an epic adventure that started with a void and will end with golden roads, you, lovely you, have been chosen to be a child of a supernatural, eternal King of All. You were formed with His hands into just what He wanted, just what He felt was beautiful, and just what He felt the world needed. You are His masterpiece.

I felt the desperate need to share this with you, and maybe He wants YOU to know just what you mean to HIM.




***



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?